The Guild wishes to know
how much interest there would be in an inkle weaving workshop.
Danielle Stephens has agreed to instruct.
The Guild has three inkle looms available to borrow and several members have offered to loan looms.
There are options:
- If we go with a thin cotton warp and make a belt, we would warp, talk about technique, let people work as far as they could, and expect them to finish at home. 2 hours.
- If we go with one short thin warp and another short thick warp, we could do two test pieces and try different patterns, leaving with hemmed test pieces. 3 hours.
- If we go with a thick warp and make a belt, we would finish the weaving during class, assemble and hem onsite, and leave with a finished belt. 3 hours.
All of these would be done in plain weave.
Our workshop organizer Dorothy Thom suggests we go with option #2, and run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with a break for lunch.
If interested, please phone or email Dorothy asap. Her contact information is in the guild membership list.
is now available.
The latest minutes are available here:
- in person by cash or cheque (payable to SCSAWG)
- by Interac ecash transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your completed form/cheque can be submitted to SCSAWG
- at any guild meeting/event
by email to SCSAWG@gmail.com (Scan the form)
- or via Canada Post to:
3371 Sunshine Coast Highway
Roberts Creek, B.C.
Library operational again!
Bring back your borrowed items and check out the new arrivals. (See the scsawg november 2019 newsletter.
Former Member’s estate sale
Former guild member Elizabeth Nordlund has passed away. Elizabeth was incredibly organized and participated in a variety of textile crafts. We are selling her equipment and stash by donation with the proceeds to go to The Sarah McLachlan School of Music as requested by Elizabeth. This charity provides music lessons and mentorship for at risk and underserved children and youth.
The equipment will be on the website with her daughter Janice’s email so that you can contact her directly.
The list below indicates what is available with retail prices. Some was sold at the southern spin-in but much is still available. See it at the October meeting! Please use it as a guide to make donations to this worthy cause.