SUNSHINE COAST SPINNERS & WEAVERS GUILD
Our local Guild began with a focus on spinning and weaving only. Over time our member’s fibre art’s interests broadened to include – knitting, dyeing, stitching and felting. If it is fibre-related, there is probably a guild member exploring and creating in that realm.
NOTE: Due to Covid 19, all Guild meetings and events are taking place on ZOOM until further notice.
A Guild Membership offers you:
- access to our fibre arts equipment lending collection
- access to our extensive lending library of fibre arts books and periodicals
- learning opportunities — access to Guild organized workshops, sales and at our regularly scheduled events:
Twice a month informal gatherings where members spin, knit, share and learn
Regularly scheduled gatherings for weavers of all skill levels
Weekly 4pm – 6pm on Tuesdays.
Fibre Arts Sale
This is our annual juried show and sale of member’s work. Held at the Sechelt Arts Centre in November.
Held the first monday of the month, 11:30am – 3:00pm, from September through June (IF first monday is a stat holiday, meeting shifts to second monday)
St John’s United Church, lower level hall
5085 Davis Bay Rd, Sechelt, BC
- guest speaker presentations or demonstrations
- social time for members — bring your own lunch — coffee and tea are provided
- time to view the library collection in person
- Show & Tell of member’s recent work, in progress or complete
- Guild executive update and business meeting
For more information, email the Guild here.