SUNSHINE COAST SPINNERS & WEAVERS GUILD
Our local Guild began with a focus on spinning and weaving only. Over time our member’s fibre art’s interests broadened to include – knitting, dyeing, stitching and felting. If it is fibre-related, there is probably a guild member exploring and creating in that realm.
A Guild Membership offers you:
- access to our fibre arts equipment lending collection
- access to our extensive lending library of fibre arts books and periodicals
- learning opportunities — access to Guild organized workshops and at our regularly scheduled events:
Twice a month informal gatherings where members spin, knit, share and learn
Regularly scheduled gatherings for weavers of all skill levels
Weekly on Tuesdays.
Held the first Monday of the month at 1pm, from September through June (if first Monday is a stat holiday, meeting shifts to second Monday)
Monthly meetings include:
- guest speaker presentations or demonstrations
- social time for members — bring your own lunch
- time to view the library collection in person
- Show & Tell of member’s recent work, in progress or complete
- Guild executive update and business meeting
For more information, email the Guild here.
- in person by cash or cheque (payable to SCSAWG)
- by Interac ecash transfer to email@example.com
- Your completed form/cheque can be submitted to SCSAWG
- at any guild meeting/event
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Scan the form)
- or via Canada Post to:
PO Box 2006
Fibres Plus Sale
This is our annual juried show and sale of member’s work. Held at the Sechelt Arts Centre in November. We won’t be running a Fibres Plus Sale in 2022. This year we will participate in the Hackett Park Artisan Market, held in August. We will also participate in the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl – stay tuned for more information!